My Mom died of cancer last year. A godly woman who shows us how to love and live. She loved her Lord and her family. Going through her Bibles was a joy and a life lesson for my sister and I.
God's Word has a clear path for life and for eternity. Mom's written words illustrated her belief in the Word and her prayers for us. Through all her personal writing, we found repeatedly this verse-
"Cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you."
I Peter 5:7
Another verse was
"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you. He will never let the righteous fall."
Here are a few more treasures that Mom had wrote in her Bible
- We can endure life's wrongs because we know that God will make all things right.
- When you learn to turn your confidence toward God and cast your cares on Him, you can be calm in the mist of Life's demands.
- In the stillness of the morning, before a busy day, how sweet to be alone with God through His holy Word and prayer--let Christ be first in the your thoughts in the morning and last in your thoughts at night.
- Our character is measured by what we do when no one is looking.
- Before you go to bed turn your worries over to God. He'll be up all night. (Ps. 121:3 "He who watches over you will not slumber.")
She had several prayers wrote in there--here was one
"Heavenly Father thank you for the love and compassion you show me on a daily basis. Help me to demonstrate that kindness to others."
Mom, you did.